Quick eCommerce 2018 Facts & Trends
- Thanksgiving Day was the fastest growing online sale day of the year with a 28% growth.
- Largest Black Friday online sales in retail history with $6.22 billion in sales (23% up since last year).
- Biggest issue stores faced was out of stock items, which made up 2% of all products losing $140 million in potential sales.
- $2.1 billion (33.5% of shoppers) was spent on smartphones (up since Cyber Monday 2017 with $1.4 billion).
- Cyber Monday crushed all records! The BIGGEST shopping day in ALL of U.S. retail history. Some $7.9 BILLION was spent online. That’s up 20% from last year.
- Biggest issue was out of stock items – costing retailers $177 million in potential sales.
- Shoppers spent a combined total of 11,000 years shopping on Cyber Monday.
Source: “Cyber Monday Shopping Shatters Sales Records,” Marketing Land.com, November 27, 2018.